Retired Members Other Information

Post Other Information

Suspension of Retirement Allowance

Persons who receive a retirement allowance from the Sacramento County Employees’ Retirement System (SCERS) for past employment cannot work for any SCERS employer on an indefinite or “permanent, regular” basis. However, persons who receive a service retirement allowance and are offered permanent, regular employment with the SCERS employer from which they retired may suspend their allowance. Please see the application and FAQs below for more information.